Upcoming Horticulture Programs in Smith County and East Texas
- 2015 East Texas Garden Lecture Series – Location: Tyler Rose Garden Center. $15 per session.
- Sept 19 – “Herbaceous Design – Incorporating Annuals & Perennials into Your Garden“. Dr. Jared Barnes (SFASU).
- Oct 24 – “Redesigning Your Garden – Give Your Landscape Pizazz!“. Dr. William C. Welch.
- Nov 14 – “Camellias – the Winter Garden Shouldn’t Be Boring“. Dr. David Creech (SFASU).
- 1st Tuesday in the Garden series
- Series starts back September 8, October 6, & November 3 – (free lectures held on the patio in the IDEA Garden, which is located in the southeast corner of Tyler’s Rose Garden, starting at noon. Seating is limited – you may want to bring a lawn chair for your comfort. The lectures run for about 30 – 40 minutes followed by a question and answer session.)
- Sept. 8 – “Collecting Seeds”
- Oct. 6 – “Bulbs for Your Landscape”
- Nov. 3 – “Best Plants for Winter”
- Stephen F. Austin Mast Arboretum monthly lecture series (2nd Thurs of the month)
- Texas A&M School of Irrigation
Upcoming TDA Pesticide License Applicator Testing and Re-certification CEU opportunities:
- “Morning Breakfast CEU Series” – 1st Wed of every other month, series of programs covering range of topics in different locations in Smith County. Dutch Treat. For details, click here.
- Online CEU Courses by AgriLife Natural Resource Webinars
- TDA web site to search for other CEU offerings
- TDA-Approved Online/Correspondence Course CEU opportunities
- TDA CEU FAQ