Your Trees After a Storm
Hurricane and tropical storm Ike did significant damage to the urban forest throughout the eastern part of Texas. Here are links to publications dealing with evaluating storm-damaged trees and steps to take to ensure their health and safety.
- http://hort.ifas.ufl.edu/treesandhurricanes/ – University of Florida Extension web site
- Can These Trees Be Saved – Texas AgriLife Extension Service (En español)
- Dealing with Storm Damaged Trees – Texas AgriLife Extension Service (En español)
- Texas Forest Service publications:
- Hiring a Certified Arborist (with the International Society of Arboriculture – ISA)
- Article on evaluating and caring for storm-damaged trees and chainsaw safety