- I will make gardening enjoyable and rewarding.
- I will try new vegetable and flower varieties recommended for our area.
- I will get the soil analyzed with a soil test.
- I will compost the yard waste.
- I will use chemicals only when necessary and in the proper amount.
- I will not plant more than I can take care of.
- I will not use more fertilizer than the soil test recommends.
- I will not plant before the weather and soil are warm enough.
- I will not purchase a plant before there is a planned place to put it.
- I will share the excess fruit, vegetables and plants with family, friends and neighbors.
Sue Adee, Smith County Master Gardener
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service